Dean Column Co., Inc. has been the leader in concrete-filled steel lally columns since it was founded in 1929. In 1991 Dean Column Co., Inc. and Superior Column Co. merged and created the largest concrete-filled lally column manufacturing company in the United States.
Lally Lock System
Dean Column is the innovator of the patented Lally Lock System.
The Lally Lock System is made up of three components:
- The new Lally Lock column: This column has the same strength as our old style but has an embedded fastening unit in the top of the column. The embedded fastening unit is made up of a 6" anchoring bolt threaded into a 1 1/4" coupling nut, which is embedded in the concrete. A welded steel disc finishes the top of the column.
- The Lally Lock cap plates:These plates are designed to accept a 1/2" bolt that is screwed into the coupling nut inside the embedded fastening unit.
- The Lally Lock base plates: The adjustable base set allows for 3" adjustment and is fastened to the column with concrete screws. The base plates with the ring prevents lateral displacement. The Lally Lock base plate is connected to the column with a concrete screw.
Lally Lock System Advantages
- Code Compliant
- ICC tested
- Uplift protection
- Patent Pending
- Designed for New Construction and Remodeling
- Fits any 3 1/2" or 4" column
- Save time
- No More Cutting
Our columns are made in 3" increments and the adjustable base set has a 3" adjustment.
- One Man Install
Using our beam plate, you can hang the column with our exclusive key hole design.
- No More Welding
The cap plate is connected to the column using our embedded fastening unit. The base plate is connected with concrete screws.
Lally Lock Installation Video
Our products are featured on